Blog Tool Review

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Blog Applications With Podcasting Support

Spurred by a request from my friend Kelly, I researched about podcasting for her show Wahm Talk Radio. So this week's post is going to depart slightly. For my research, I set up a podcast of my own. In one afternoon I created a new podcast and even a podcast generator! I'm beginning to enjoy this RSS related technology because it allows me to publish information a lot quicker than typing. I can certainly see some potential for marketers especially those who publish mp3 files of their teleseminar calls. Offering a podcast to your callers helps them out a lot. Unfortunately, it's still kinda tedious since I had to manually upload and create an RSS feed (podcast) for it. If you'd like to learn more about podcasting for marketing, the best thing to do is download the generator to get on the list as I'll be e-mailing my tutorials on top of putting them in a podcast.

Back to the blogging apps 'review' of sorts. From my very quick research, there aren't many blogging applications that support podcasting at the moment. In fact I've only found two. Movable Type has a plugin for it and Journurl has some kind of plugin type support of it also. I'm sure I'll find out more about it over the next week, or some more geeky person (maybe you?) can tell me. Hey - I can't know everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home