Blog Tool Review

Sunday, June 26, 2005

So What Caused The Traffic?

If you read my last entry, something happened to my blog that pretty much doubled my traffic over at TechBasedMarketing.com . Well, my suspicions were wrong although related in some way. You see, I was trying to make the blog by email feature on WordPress to work so I installed a plugin that would simulate cronjobs.

Unfortunately that plugin worked WAY too well may have been an error on my end too - not blaming the devs. But when I came back to my computer the next day I had over 200 repeated entries. And because I'd set WP to ping only upon publish it kept publishing and pinging 200+ times. I don't know how often in between the script did that.

But I can personally attest now that blogging (and pinging) often increases your traffic because after I cleaned up everything my traffic came back down. Still better but not as good as the 200+ entry days.

In some ways, this is worrisome. Don't you think it encourages spam?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home