Blog Tool Review

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Yikes! Blogspot Helps Spread Spyware

When I first read this I thought how can this be? But really it isn't any different than surfing a bunch of bad websites on a webring. The problem comes in when you're using IE and you click the next blog link on the very top of a blogspot blog. Since Blogger allows you to modify your templates, some bloggers are inserting Javascript that trick readers to download unwanted software. If you publish your Blogger blog on your own webhost you shouldn't have to worry about this because this header bar is only present on Blogspot hosted blogs (see the top of this blog). Firefox users are free from this problem now... and really you should use it. I've been using it for over a year before it was known as Firefox and love it. It also helps me shave off a lot of time using convenient extensions but I'll save that for another time :-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home